[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.8.9.2 channel.c: Channel allocation failed

Christian Gansberger c.gansberger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 03:43:30 CDT 2012

Yes, I can give a higher ulimit, but I want to know why there were so much
fd's.

As I found out yesterday, the reason of running out of available file
descriptors was:
Some Agents in the Callcenter made ChanSpy on several Calls, but they
didn't stop spying with *-key, just hangup the phone, and keep starting new
chanspy's.
So Asterisk keeps the Channel open when user just hangs up the phone.

My ChanSpy context looks like this:

[spy]
exten => *9,1,Answer
exten => *9,2,ChanSpy(SIP)
exten => *9,3,Hangup
exten => h,1,Hangup

In the CLI there were several ChanSpy listed, although nobody was spying. I
tried to remove the channels with:
hangup request SIP/channelname

but nothing happend, I was not able to remove the Channels, only a restart
did the trick.

yours
christian