[asterisk-users] Transparent Elastix 2.2 fax receiving problem

dsidir at hcmr.gr dsidir at hcmr.gr
Sun Mar 11 14:40:54 CDT 2012

Hi all,

First off all let me apologize for my English.

My company use an Avaya PBX with one E1 and about 250 extensions
(phones, faxes alarms, visa card readers etc).
My idea was to install a transparent asterisk between TELCO and PBX.

I use an OpenVox DE210E.
After install Elastix 2.2.0 and run dahdi_genconfig, i edit
/etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf changing span 1 group from 0,11 to 0
and span 2 from 0,12 to 1.

Then from gui add all the active avaya extensions as custom extension
with dial DAHDI/i2/extension-number

The phones works fine but faxes open line; trying to synchronize (the
well known sound from faxes and modems). My home fax show the other
side number for about 90 sec and then display "comm. error" and hung up.

Any idea how to fix it ?

D. Sidirokastritis
NOC HCMR-Crete
tel. 2810-337709