[asterisk-users] Multi-record SRV records

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:40:27 CST 2012

Hi List,

Just looking for advise on the current best approach to work around an
issue I am experiencing.

Currently I have a provider with whom I register, their domain has
multiple destinations defined in their SRV record for their domain.
Registrations appear to be working properly, and outbound calls appear
to be working as well. The problem arises when I receive inbound calls,
sometimes the calls are able to come through, and in other instances the
calls arrive but are not pushed through to the correct context because
the source ip address does not match that of the peer definition. I am
currently running 2 pbx's, one is version 1.6.2.5 and the other is 1.8.5.0.

What are others out there doing that are facing the same issue. As far
as I am aware, the only way I know of to work around this issue is to
have multiple peer definitions for each address in the SRV list. Is this
still the case?

Thanks