[asterisk-users] Asterisk and SQL Server (MS SQL) - Asterisk doesn't close connections in pool

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Mar 2 08:58:28 CST 2012

On 03/02/2012 03:53 AM, Waldemar Gessler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> we have made tests with Asterisk 1.6 and SQL Server (MS SQL) 2008 R2 as
> DB for:

There is no 'Asterisk 1.6'. there are 1.6.0, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 release
branches. Which version are you using?

> ·CDRs
>
> ·Realtime (sipusers)
>
> ·func_odbc – dialplan queries
>
> We use the free_tds driver.
>
> Is there any solution (configuration settings) that makes possible that
> asterisk closes the opened DB connections in pool after some time of
> inactivity?

You are using unsupported releases of Asterisk, so unless there is
already a configuration option to do what you want, it won't be added to
the version you are using. You'd be better off to setup your system
using Asterisk 1.8 and determine whether it behaves the way you want.

--
Kevin P. Fleming