[asterisk-users] using AMI and Telnet to place calls

John Millican john at millican.us
Thu Mar 1 12:06:31 CST 2012

Hello,
I am using a perl script to pull call info from a DB and place calls via
telnet and AMI, all on local machine of course.  My problem is that I
need to capture any response from the carier, such as this taht appears
in the CLI:
[Mar  1 12:55:50]   == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
[Mar  1 12:55:50]     -- Got SIP response 503 "No Circuit Available"
back from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060
[Mar  1 12:55:50] > Channel SIP/<provider> was never answered
and be able to relate that back to the dialed number for that call.  Is
this possible?
I am using async in the AMI command.   Do I need to do something such as
adding and event id to the AMI originate action then listen for response
from AMI?
Obviously I am a bit lost here.
Thanks for any pointers toward the solution.
JohnM