[asterisk-users] Gigaset in the USA

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 11:33:32 CDT 2012

Yes they are. However, product numbers/bundling is a little bit
different over here. They typically sell the base bundled with a
handset already. For the current US offering, check out
http://gigaset.com/us/en//hq/en/cms/PageInternetVoIPNextGPhones.html.
I believe the equivalent of what you're looking for is the C610A IP
bundle. There's quite a of Gigaset info at
http://www.mgraves.org/product-reviews/, even though he did not do an
in-depth review of the C610 IP. Instead, he mentions it as a nice
upgrade option for the (now obsolete?) A580IP.

I'm running a C610A IP at home, and am quite happy with it. Not a
"business class" phone system, for that the bundled handset isn't
sturdy enough, I'd say. But good voice quality and excellent battery
life. The only feature I'd like to see added is direct SIP URL
dialing, which isn't supported, not even through address book entries.

When I bought my C610A IP, it was available through a large number of
sellers. Everything from specialty VoIP shops to amazon.com.