[asterisk-users] Intro to DECT vs IP

giovanni.v iax at keybits.org
Sat Jun 30 05:46:01 CDT 2012

Il 30/06/2012 0.16, Michelle Dupuis ha scritto:
> Can you really mix & match any base station with any DECT handset?

Yes if the base station allow multiple handsets registrations (usually
true for DECT over IP bases) and both base and handsets support GAP
(generic access profile) which is the DECT substandard for multi-vendor
support.

> Do handsets have proprietary features which only work with their own
> basestations?  (eg: transfer between handsets)?

Certain features are optional in the DECT/GAP standard, this allow a
manufacturer to implement certain specific features or not. Pay special
attention to theses features, all optional:
- Roaming
- Handover
- Transfer

Transfer can be implemented in multiple ways which can make this feature
easy to use or not.
I think transfer via the R key is a must but many cheap handsets may
force you to navigate/scroll a menu to get this feature... really
boring! If the handset does not support transfer natively an asterisk
feature code may be used... but that's also annoying.

> Do the C610H and C300IP use an international standard for frequencies?

Standard frequencies used by DECT are different between USA vs. Europe.

Regards,
Giovanni.