[asterisk-users] BT Fibre and 2701HGV

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Fri Jun 29 11:27:25 CDT 2012

On 29/6/12 9:59 am, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of connecting SIP phones to an asterisk
> server through the 2701HGV router that BT supply with their Infinity
> product?

Good luck with that.

The BT 'Home Hub' and 'Business Hub' routers they supply with retail
ADSL and FTTC products seem to have a very poorly written SIP ALG in
them that cannot be disabled [0] easily. This seems to play havoc with
any attempt to hook up SIP devices - even just one handset.

[0] I have read that it's possible to disable the ALG through a telnet
session to the router, but it's somewhat fiddly and doesn't always
'stick' - so has to be repeated whenever the router is restarted. In my
experience it's far easier just to replace the router with something
competent.

Kind regards,

Chris