[asterisk-users] PRI trunk between Asterisk servers does not work.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Fri Jun 29 10:20:45 CDT 2012

Quoting Ioan Indreias <indreias at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Ernie Dunbar
> <maillist at lightspeed.ca> wrote:
>> We have three Asterisk servers, Voip1, Voip2, and Voip3. Voip1 has a
>> Wildcard TE405P (3rd Gen), Voip2 has a Wildcard TE410P/TE405P (1st Gen), and
>> Voip3 has a Wildcard TE110P. Voip1 is the server that handles our PRI to the
>> PSTN and we hope will allow us to failover to other Asterisk servers (ie,
>> Voip2 and Voip3). Voip2 is our current production server, and Voip3 is being
>> turned into our next production server.
>>
>> We're trying to build a PRI trunk between Voip1 and Voip3. Curiously enough,
>> we've already done this between Voip1 and Voip2, so one would think that the
>> same configuration would work between Voip1 and Voip3 as well. However, it
>> hasn't gone so smoothly. If you're wondering why we don't just use SIP
>> trunking between these servers, it's because faxes are not reliable over SIP
>> trunks. I am open to suggestions however.
>>
>> At any rate, the PRI trunk between Voip1 and Voip3 isn't working, and that's
>> my current problem.
>>
>> - I have built a T1 crossover cable, and it's plugged in between Span 3 on
>> Voip1, and Span 1 on Voip3.
>> - I have a green light on both PRI cards for the appropriate spans.
>> - Both servers detect their cards on boot.
>> - DAHDI is installed on both servers, and all diagnostics are good, ie.
>> dahdi_test returns good results, dahdi_tool shows that the alarms are OK,
>> and executing 'dahdi show status' on the Asterisk console shows the same.
>>
>> The chan_dahdi.conf configuration for spans 3 and 4 on Voip1 looks like
>> this:
>>
>> ; Span 3: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4"
>> group=3
>> context=default
>> switchtype = national
>> signalling = pri_net
>> channel => 49-71
>> group = 63
>>
>> ; Span 4: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4"
>> group=4
>> context=default
>> switchtype = national
>> signalling = pri_net
>> channel => 73-95
>> context = default
>> group = 63
>>
>> Span 4 goes to Voip2, which has a working PRI trunk.
>>
>> The chan_dahdi configuration for Voip3 looks like this:
>>
>> group=1
>> signalling=pri_cpe
>> switchtype=national
>> context=local
>> channel=>1-23
>> dchannel=>24
>> ;channel=25-47,49-71,73-95
>> rxgain=0
>> txgain=0
>> busydetect=yes
>> busycount=5
>>
>> resetinterval=1800
>>
>> I have a test DID, the dialplan for which on Voip1 looks like this:
>>
>> exten => 604484XXXX,1,Dial(DAHDI/g3/604482YYYY)
>>
>> But when I call 604484XXXX from my cell phone, I get no output on the
> [...]

Okay, here's /etc/dahdi/system.conf (it's unmodified from the
autogenerated file):

# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Mon Jul 26 22:53:04 2010
-- do not hand edit
# Dahdi Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg
#
# Span 1: TE4/0/1 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER)
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
echocanceller=mg2,1-23

# Span 2: TE4/0/2 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=25-47
dchan=48
echocanceller=mg2,25-47

# Span 3: TE4/0/3 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3"
span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=49-71
dchan=72
echocanceller=mg2,49-71

# Span 4: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4"
span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=73-95
dchan=96