[asterisk-users] PRI trunk between Asterisk servers does not work.

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 06:52:09 CDT 2012

In article <4FECCD0C.1020000 at fivecats.org>,
James Sharp <james at fivecats.org> wrote:
> On 6/28/2012 3:53 PM, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
> > We have three Asterisk servers, Voip1, Voip2, and Voip3. Voip1 has a
> > Wildcard TE405P (3rd Gen), Voip2 has a Wildcard TE410P/TE405P (1st Gen),
> > and Voip3 has a Wildcard TE110P. Voip1 is the server that handles our
> > PRI to the PSTN and we hope will allow us to failover to other Asterisk
> > servers (ie, Voip2 and Voip3). Voip2 is our current production server,
> > and Voip3 is being turned into our next production server.
> >
> > We're trying to build a PRI trunk between Voip1 and Voip3. Curiously
> > enough, we've already done this between Voip1 and Voip2, so one would
> > think that the same configuration would work between Voip1 and Voip3 as
> > well. However, it hasn't gone so smoothly. If you're wondering why we
> > don't just use SIP trunking between these servers, it's because faxes
> > are not reliable over SIP trunks. I am open to suggestions however.
> >
> > At any rate, the PRI trunk between Voip1 and Voip3 isn't working, and
> > that's my current problem.
> >
> > - I have built a T1 crossover cable, and it's plugged in between Span 3
> > on Voip1, and Span 1 on Voip3.
> > - I have a green light on both PRI cards for the appropriate spans.
> > - Both servers detect their cards on boot.
> > - DAHDI is installed on both servers, and all diagnostics are good, ie.
> > dahdi_test returns good results, dahdi_tool shows that the alarms are
> > OK, and executing 'dahdi show status' on the Asterisk console shows the
> > same.
> >
> > The chan_dahdi.conf configuration for spans 3 and 4 on Voip1 looks like
> > this:
> >
> > ; Span 3: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4"
> > group=3
> > context=default
> > switchtype = national
> > signalling = pri_net
> > channel => 49-71
> > group = 63
> >
> > ; Span 4: TE4/0/4 "T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4"
> > group=4
> > context=default
> > switchtype = national
> > signalling = pri_net
> > channel => 73-95
> > context = default
> > group = 63
> >
> > Span 4 goes to Voip2, which has a working PRI trunk.
> >
> > The chan_dahdi configuration for Voip3 looks like this:
> >
> > group=1
> > signalling=pri_cpe
> > switchtype=national
> > context=local
> > channel=>1-23
> > dchannel=>24
> > ;channel=25-47,49-71,73-95
> > rxgain=0
> > txgain=0
> > busydetect=yes
> > busycount=5
> >
> > resetinterval=1800
> >
> > I have a test DID, the dialplan for which on Voip1 looks like this:
> >
> > exten => 604484XXXX,1,Dial(DAHDI/g3/604482YYYY)
> >
> > But when I call 604484XXXX from my cell phone, I get no output on the
> > Asterisk console on Voip3, and this output on Voip1:

> [...]

No, the group=63 lines are actually redundant. It is the settings *above*
each channel=> line that get applied to the channels when they are created.

To the OP: what does "pri show span 3" give you on Voip1?

It might be useful to see the complete chan_dahdi.conf from Voip1.
To save space, you can list it without comments like this:

# grep -v '^;' /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield