[asterisk-users] .lock file issue

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Jun 28 09:04:36 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

> I'm currently running Asterisk 10.5.1, compiled from source, and just
> had someone call saying they couldn't get their voice mail. Looking
> into the user's voice mail folder, I saw a .lock file.

> Removing this file, enabled them to get voice mail.

> Is anybody else seeing this? The system is a new install and has only
> been running for a week with very little traffic (8 person office).

This was quite common in some old releases, at least for me. At one point I wrote a quick script that ran via cron to remove those lock files once per minute.

If this isn't a new bug, it could also be a full filesystem, or maybe the system lost power during an event where a lock was created but not removed?

--Tim