[asterisk-users] Digium IP Phones D40

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 25 10:45:52 CDT 2012

On 06/22/2012 05:12 PM, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> One of the problems I faced with Polycom is the voice volume and ring volume, it is low.
>
> When it rings, even if it is maximum volume, still it is weak.
> When I talk and I set the volume to the maximum, I still feel the voice volume is low and would if to increase it.

I have never, in over 7 years of using Polycom phones, heard anyone
complain that the maximum volume was too low. Most devices of this type
have their maximum volume controlled to meet guidelines set by
government and industry recommendations (in order to avoid causing
damage to users' ears), and the Digium phones are no exception.

If you are finding that the volume produced by common SIP phones is too
low and you can't make it loud enough, I'd bet that the problem is not
in the phones, but in your environment or your ears :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming