[asterisk-users] Asterisk 10/1.6.1 and Dahdi/Libpri compatilities in BRI /PtmP

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 22 03:40:38 CDT 2012

2012/6/22, Alec Davis <sivad.a at paradise.net.nz>:
> Have a look at the latest blacklist sample in dahdi trunk
> http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi/tools/trunk/blacklist.sample?view=log
>
> file: blacklist.sample
> # Some mISDN drivers may try to attach to cards supported by DAHDI. If you
> # have a card which is *not* supported by DAHDI but supported by one of the
> # below drivers you should feel free to remove it from the blacklist below.
> blacklist hfcmulti
> blacklist netjet
> blacklist hfcpci

I didn't know about the later two : thanks for sharing this.
May I add that Linux automatically  "allocates" hfc4s8s_l1 driver to
Junghanns OctoBRI cards which are supported by Dahdi, so I add to
blacklist them in the past.

This shows me I should learn :
- how Linux 2.6.32 (and above) detects PCI boards and "allocates" them
to mISDN (the one included, I think, in the kernel itself)
- where to find up-to-date data listing telephony cards either
supported by Dahdi or mISDN

> I had a similar issue after upgrading from lenny to squeeze :(
> System wouldn't boot as udev tried to launch both wcb4xxp and hfcmulti, as
> didn't have wcb4xxp blacklisted as well as the others.
> Only would boot after physically removing BRI card.

I was a bit luckier thanks to default dahdi.blacklist.conf file.