[asterisk-users] Timeout for Huntgroup

eherr email.eherr9633 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:08:08 CDT 2012

I have not found a solution so I am checking with the Masses here.

I have a client who has a old 5 line key system without voicemail.

Currently, I can set up a huntgroup and ring each line for 15 seconds and after the 5th line has reached its limit, the call goes to
voicemail.

The problem with this is that the caller will hear roughly 1m15s worth of ringing.

I trying to give them the same ability to always ring the huntgroup, starting with line 1, and hunting only if its busy or the
timeout is reached.

The modification needed is to only ring the huntgroup for 25 seconds ( roughly 5 rings ) and then pull the call back and send it to
voicemail if the line was not answered.

Has anyone seen this feature created and implemented and if so, how?

Thanks,

--eherr