[asterisk-users] Proactive problem monitoring on SIP on Asterisk

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 02:52:15 CDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 20:04 +0200, Stefan at WPF wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1) I am wondering what is the best practice to monitor if there are or
> were problems with SIP calls on my Asterisk box. E.g. how about a
> software that extracts all calls from the /var/log/asterisk/full (I
> have permanently enabled verbose 10 and sip debug) log and tells me on
> which of them were problems? Checking the logs manually is very hard,
> but as SIP is a standardized protocoll, there should be tools doing
> that for you? As an example, a person calling me recently got a 488
> Not acceptable error as reply from my Asterisk box. Nothing came
> through to my SIP phone, so I didn't know anything about the call or
> the problems (which were on his phone btw). I would like to be
> informed about such cases, know that there was a call to my Asterisk
> box that made problems.
>
> 2) How about monitoring speech quality? E.g. sometimes it seems like a
> packet is missing (I then have a short pause during the call), how to
> monitor such things and create statistics out of this data?
>
> So basically I want to monitor my Asterisk installation proactively
> for reliability/problems and (speech) quality.
>
> Thanks for any hints!
>
> Best regards
> Stefan
> --

I've not used this myself but had a look at the site and I think it's
pretty much what you're after...

http://www.voipmonitor.org/

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552