[asterisk-users] TDM410 PTSN line setup with 1 analog phone

Joseph Towery techyjt at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 18 15:08:59 CDT 2012

Hello, I have a current asterisk 1.8.13.0 asterisk-addons 1.6.24 asterisk-sounds
1.2.1 dahdi-linux-complete 2.6.1+2.6.1 libpri 1.4.12 and asterisk-gui 2.1.0.rc1
(not trying to use the gui, want to do everything by hand) with a TDM410 with
2FXO and 2FXS.  I have my POTS (PTNS) line plugged into port 1 (FXO) and a
analog phone connected to port 3 (FXS).  I compiled asterisk with asterisk
samples so I realize that may have messed me up.

This is all running on Ubuntu Server 12.04.  I have been googling/researching
reading the book, etc.  Everything I find is for SIP softphones etc.  I just
want to start by getting the asterisk machine to provide dialtone to the analog
phone, and ring that phone when I call the PTSN line.

I must be missing something in the basic dahdi and dialplan to simple get the
analog phone to work.  Can someone point me to a example of what I am trying to
accomplish?  Not wanting handholding but a push in the right direction.

Thanks.