[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.13.0 / problem with cdr logging (mysql, odbc)

Thorsten Göllner tg at ovm-group.com
Mon Jun 18 10:52:15 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying now for over 4 hours setting up cdr-logging via odbc into a
mysql database. But with no success. Do you have any hint for me?

cat /etc/odbc.ini
------------------
[MySQL-asterisk]
Description = MySQL ODBC Driver
Driver = MySQL
Socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Server = localhost
User = xxx
Password = xxx
Database = asterisk
Option = 3
Port =

and

/etc/odbcinst.ini
--------------------
[MySQL]
Description = MySQL ODBC MyODBC Driver
Driver = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so
FileUsage = 1

When testing this setup I can see, that this basic setup ist fine:

~$ isql MySQL-asterisk asterisk qpalym -v
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL>

So here are the config file for asterisk.

/etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf
-----------------------------
[mysql]
enabled => yes
dsn => MySQL-asterisk
username => asterisk
password => qpalym
pre-connect => yes

and

/etc/asterisk/cdr_odbc.conf
[global]
dsn=MySQL-asterisk
loguniqueid=yes
dispositionstring=yes
table=cdr

But after a call hangup I get the following error:
cdr_odbc.c: Unable to retrieve database handle. CDR failed.

What is going wrong here, please?

-Thorsten-