[asterisk-users] Help choosing the right card

Vladimir Mikhelson vlad at mikhelson.com
Sun Jun 17 22:45:49 CDT 2012

On 6/17/2012 6:21 PM, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 06:14:07PM -0500, Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:
>> Shaun,  would it be possible to lock specific modules in RAM vs. the
>> who;e Asterisk application?
> It is possible but not without more work. Asterisk would need to
> parse the output of the memory map in /proc/<pid>/maps and figure
> out where the modules are mapped into the current process' address
> space and then lock only those pages. Also, this would require
> knowing exactly which modules are needed at first. Since Asterisk
> really should be run in a soft real-time fashion, I still
> believe it's preferrable to figure out which modules are needed and
> then making sure all those pages can stay resident in memory.
Shaun,

Thank you for the reply.  I would suggest to move this conversation to
JIRA as we digressed from the original topic a lot.

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHLIN-241?focusedCommentId=193920&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-193920

Thank you,
Vladimir