[asterisk-users] HP DL360 G5 better than HP DL360 G7 ?

Tom Browning ttbrowning at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:32:37 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure you have installed Proliant Support Pack (PSP) then you can
> monitor the system through HP System Management Homepage (SMH)
>
> HP publishes drivers for the network cards. I've never used them as
> the built in drivers seem to work, but worth a shot. Maybe included in
> the PSP?
>
> Also check the newest HP firmware DVD, as well as any supplemental
> firmware updates e.g. (check your system for compatibility first!) HP
> Broadcom Online Firmware Upgrade Utility for Linux x86_64 ver 2.5.14 4
> Jun 2012.

Thanks!  We are checking and applying firmware updates.  And we will
look at the driver versions.

I also noticed that the G7 boxes are running CentOS 5.8 vs CentOS 5.7
on the G5s.  I'll rule that out
by upgrading one of the G5s to 5.8   We've not had issues between
CentOS releases in the past.

I'm still running Asterisk 1.8.7.0 as I noticed that 1.8.12.2 would
occasionally crash (and get restarted
by safe_asterisk) after 10s of thousands of calls.  What's the best
way to make sure at least a core file
gets created?   Any other tips on getting crash info?  It is not
reproducible on demand other than putting
the box into production and waiting for 50-100K calls.

Hardware enumeration printout is on its way too for the original request.