[asterisk-users] Missing voicemail prompt beginning

Stefan at WPF stefan.at.wpf at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:45:48 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am using the voicemail module of asterisk. When I did some test calls
from my mobile phone, sometimes the beginning of the prompt was missing,
e.g. instead of something like "number 12345 not available" I was only
hearing "345 not available". Verbose level 5 on the asterisk console didn't
give me any hint on this, it only shows that playback of the prompt started
correctly in every test case. Any hints on how I can debug this? I think
it's some problem on my local configuration, I doubt it's a problem with my
SIP provider or mobile phone provider, they are both very reliable (Sipgate
and T-Mobile).

Thanks for any hint!

Best regards
Stefan