[asterisk-users] Help choosing the right card

Amit Patel pistolfire99 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 07:04:29 CDT 2012

I have been doing a lot of reading forums and elsewhere but am somehow
unable to connect the dots.
Here is what I am trying to accomplish initially and then wish for it to
grow bigger from here on.

I have two POTS (Analog) line that would connect to the Asterisk Box.
I have, to begin with 5 IP phones (PoE), all connected to a switch.
Asterisk Box with a LAN card also connects to the same switch.
I wish to give out 5 ext to each IP Phone.

Q) I am considering buying the TDM410p. Is this the right card for me ?
T1/E1/Digital/Voip trunks atm are not available at my place.

Q) Would Asterisk handle taking incoming calls via TDM410p and routing them
via LAN card to the desired ext IP phone ?

If yes, I would hit the 'Buy' button and start the journey.