[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support AMR and AMR-WB

Zohair Raza engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:55:12 CDT 2012

I patched asterisk once 2 years ago but couldn't exactly remember the
way or link

may be one of these that google showed me today.

you can give a try

http://www.howtonix.com/amr-codec-for-asterisk-1-4-and-1-6/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/asterisk-amr/

It worked for me, by chance I have cli output in my mail which I sent
to my manager after installing the codec.

sandbox*CLI> core show translation
         Translation times between formats (in milliseconds) for one
second of data
          Source Format (Rows) Destination Format (Columns)

          g723 gsm ulaw alaw g726aal2 adpcm slin lpc10 g729 speex ilbc
g726 g722 amr
     g723    -   -    -    -        -     -    -     -    -     -    -
   -    -   -
      gsm    -   -    2    2        2     2    1     3    -     -    -
   2    -  14
     ulaw    -   2    -    1        2     2    1     3    -     -    -
   2    -  14
     alaw    -   2    1    -        2     2    1     3    -     -    -
   2    -  14
 g726aal2    -   2    2    2        -     2    1     3    -     -    -
   1    -  14
    adpcm    -   2    2    2        2     -    1     3    -     -    -
   2    -  14
     slin    -   1    1    1        1     1    -     2    -     -    -
   1    -  13
    lpc10    -   2    2    2        2     2    1     -    -     -    -
   2    -  14
     g729    -   -    -    -        -     -    -     -    -     -    -
   -    -   -
    speex    -   -    -    -        -     -    -     -    -     -    -
   -    -   -
     ilbc    -   -    -    -        -     -    -     -    -     -    -
   -    -   -
     g726    -   2    2    2        1     2    1     3    -     -    -
   -    -  14
      amr    -   2    2    2        2     2    1     3    -     -    -

Regards,
Zohair Raza

www.zuhair.info

http://ae.linkedin.com/in/zuhairraza