[asterisk-users] FaX issue

Arun Ram arunram.prf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:05:08 CDT 2012

Hi,

   I am using* asterisk 1.8.9.3* , *I am using Spandsp FAX Driver: 20091228
123351*, i will clearly explain my scenario.

I am sending  fax to a anlog fax machine which is connected to  mediatrix
analog gateway. say the analog fax extension is 18260.
I have enabled  the fax mode , T.38 codec, clear channel codec , cng tone
everything in my analog gateway. while sending a fax from asterisk to the
analog fax extension(18260 this extension is registered in asterisk) , I am
using SendFax dialplan application for sending fax , most of the time i got
success message with fax send status *success* and my anlog fax machine
also receives the fax and printing it. *but some time i am getting a error
that *

*"coud not generate CNG tone in channel sip/18260".* i saw this error in
asterisk CLI. i want to know whether this issue in my asterisk side or in
my gateway side*. why asterisk not able to generate the CNG tone on this
channel.*
second thing is in  my sip.conf for fax  I  have enabled
*t38pt_udptl = yes,fec,maxdatagram=400 *
*faxdetect = yes  *

*I want to know which error correction i can use whether FEC or
Redundancyso that i can get maximun throughput while sending fax from
my asterisk
*
*In my res_fax.conf *
*maxrate=14400*
*minrate=2400*
*statusevents=yes*
*modems=v17,v27,v29*
*ecm=yes
 I need a desperate support  from this forum to solve this issue (coud not
generate CNG tone in channel ).

*--
*Thanks & Regards
Arunram.c
*

*The Power of someone has the power to do something.. anything !!!!!!!!!!*