[asterisk-users] 911 multple-alert question

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Jun 12 20:29:59 CDT 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Nunya Biznatch wrote:

> I will look into the local channel variable in the sip.conf. That sounds
> promising. If I populate that data, how does it make it to the display of a
> phone on campus? I guess that's a piece I haven't either read or been able to
> wrap my head around yet.

sip.conf:

[my-extension]
         setvar                          = LOCATION=Main Lobby

extensions.conf

         exten = *,n,                    set(CALLERID(name)=Tora! Tora! Tora!)
         exten = *,n,                    set(CALLERID(num)=${LOCATION})
         exten = *,n,                    dial(sip/security)
         exten = *,n,                    hangup()

This shows 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' as line 1 and 'Main Lobby' on my cisco
7960.

--
Thanks in advance,