[asterisk-users] extension pad: pick up extension with key

Roland asterisk at rolandow.com
Tue Jun 12 02:24:20 CDT 2012

We have a extension pad on our Yealink phone for the receptionist. With our
old non-voip PBX system, the receptionist could pickup a specific extension
by pressing the corresponding key. Is this possible with Asterisk too?

I have configured Asterisk to pickup a specific extension with *59<exten>.
But if I configure this in the extension pad, then these keys cannot be
used anymore to forward calls to, because you would forward to *59201.

We are using the Yealink T28P with EXP-39.

I configured all keys as BLF, so the receptionist can see who's busy.