[asterisk-users] G729 and voice mail

Tim King tim.compnetwork at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:31:43 CDT 2012

I am trying to figure out the best way to deal with this. I want all of the
calls in the network to be G729 and this is working. I do have hardware
that provides me 30 g729 licenses. I am setting each extensions to
disallow=all and allow=g729. However when I have this setup, I get no voice
mail prompts. I tried setting to disallow=all and allow=g729,alaw and I
still have no audio when calling voice mail. If I remove the disallow=all I
do have voice mail prompts, but the calls do not seem to be always using
g729 when possible.