[asterisk-users] BRI Installation

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Tue Jun 5 00:39:54 CDT 2012

Hi Guys,

All my installs are based on PRI ISDN.  I now have a site that I need to install BRI.  As I have not done a BRI install before I'm wanting to get some information from the people in the know if I need to do anything special.

Typically I install libpri, dahdi Linux and tools, asterisk

...and then configure dahdi as one does for the required hardware.  Is the same true for BRI with the exception of the libpri?  I have this feeling that I need to install some other Linux drivers or something for BRI.

I've purchased a Digium HB8 card and I don't see any mention of this in /etc/dahdi/modules.  I've looked over the documentation at https://www.digium.com/en/supportcenter/documentation/viewdocs/H8 but there doesn't seem to be anything there that tells me how to configure dahdi or asterisk.

If someone could give me some direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
David