[asterisk-users] Half-height PCIe analog FXO card

Ade Vickers asterisk at solutionengineers.com
Fri Jun 1 09:40:55 CDT 2012

Hi,

Does anyone do a low profile PCIe FXO card? I just picked up an HP ProLiant
microserver for $nuppence, which I'd hoped to migrate my Asterisk setup
onto. I currently use an A400P analog card, but the ProLiant only has PCIe
slots, and they're short ones too, so I can't use an A400E card. Even the
Sangoma cards, which seem to be low profile,  have full-height brackets on
them - which, of course, won't fit in the box.

Is it just me, or is this whole half-height PCIe thing a complete b***ocks?

Any advice appreciated. I'd prefer not to have to spend mega$ on this, the
server only cost $200, it seems silly to spend $1000 on a PCI to PCIe
converter (Magma.com) to keep using a $100 card...

Cheers,
Ade.