[asterisk-users] best PRI gateway?

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Sat Jul 28 23:44:27 CDT 2012

On Sunday 29 Jul 2012, Mike wrote:
> what are folks using for PRI gateways these days? Obviously there's
> lots of folks using TE410s and related cards, which work well, and I
> know reasonably well.
>
> However, anyone using anything standalone that stands out as being
> particularly stellar?

One of my clients is using the Redfone TMDoE devices with excellent
results.  The installation has been in place for over a year.  To (try
to) answer your specific questions:

> Anything that:
>
>   * takes a couple of PRIs or more (or, if it's not costly, I'm not
>     opposed to two of 'em)

Takes up to 4 PRIs.

>   * does a good job of echo cancellation (128ms? what's the standard
> now?)

Haven't faced any echo issues so far with up to 400 simultaneous calls
on a single box, load balanced over multiple Redfone/PSTN gateways.

> * isn't horrendously expensive

You could get pricing from them.

>   * straightforward to configure

Fairly straightforward.  The scripts supplied by Redfone work for a
single device connected to a computer.  We're connecting up to 6 devices
(6 x 4 x 30 = 720 lines), and have made our own set of scripts to handle
that.

>   * doesn't leave you annoyed every time there's a problem

As far as I know my client's blood pressure has remained stable over the
non-Redfone <=> Redfone transition :)

Regards,

-- Raj
--