[asterisk-users] IAX2 Registered OK without IP

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Thu Jul 26 17:22:09 CDT 2012

On 27/07/2012, at 8:16 AM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>> we upgraded to 1.8.13.1 and we have much the same problem although after
>> the upgrade I don't seem to find any cases where the qualify value is
>> OK (xx ms) and the IP is gone (like we had in 1.4.29) but the effect
>> is the same: the extension becomes non-reachable pretty quickly.

Can you confirm whether you have a firewall between the phones or not? And also using tcpdump and IAX debug what packets you are seeing

This is a network problem and something is disrupting the return packets so you need to see where it's occurring

From the cli use the iax2 set debug command and watch what's happening. Are the packets being returned? If they aren't check with tcpdump to see if they are at least getting to your interface

Do the same at the other end to work out whats missing