[asterisk-users] Polycom Presence with Asterisk 1.8.12.0

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu Jul 26 16:07:06 CDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 04:28 PM, Tim Nelson wrote:
> Greetings-
>
> I've got a handful of Polycom IP 550 handsets connected to an Asterisk 1.8.12.0 system. Everything is running smoothly with few problems. However, I have an issue that maybe someone could shed light on...
>
> Many of the phones have 'buddy watch' enabled for the other phones, basically Polycom's version of BLF. This works fine when watched extensions are on the phone, ringing, etc, as the LED lights/flashes appropriately for the status. However, the phones also offer various presence states such as 'Out to Lunch' or 'Away from Desk' etc. When a phone is set to one of these presence states, the other phones watching never show that status. Does that make sense? Is there any reason why those states would not propagate between the phones (through Asterisk?) ?
>
> And, on a side note, if anyone knows how to remove the 'thistle' background from a Polycom phone I'd be especially delighted. It was set by a user on a device, and there is no option to remove it, or replace it with the blank background which is the default. :/

If you just want to reset the background on that phone then you want:
Menu, 3, 1, 1, 4, 2, 2, Select (Seems like you should get god mode for
that too, but alas, no).

If you want to prohibit anyone from setting that particular background
you could always remove the jpg from the provisioning server.

As for the buddy status, I don't think it works (or ever will work) with
asterisk. I always turn that button off when I set up my site sip.conf
to avoid any questions.

-Dave