[asterisk-users] Video conferencing?

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Thu Jul 26 13:22:04 CDT 2012

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> [...]

I haven't used much in the way of video myself, but Asterisk 10 did some
major overhauls to the confbridge application and I believe you can perform
video teleconferencing with basically any SIP device/program that allows
for a video stream, at least as long as it supports one of the video formats
that Asterisk uses (h263 or h264). You could do some basic testing for this
by running a few softphones connected to your Asterisk box. Jitsi does video
calling as does Linphone... though I've personally had some trouble setting
up h264 to work with Linphone. Good luck.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer