[asterisk-users] What TTS to use?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 26 07:01:23 CDT 2012

On 26-07-12 12:40, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> On 26/7/12 11:08 am, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>> I'm thinking about deploying TTS onto our asterisk servers and was just
>> wondering which ones people use and like...
>
> We've tried Festival, Cepstral and Ivona.

I didn't know about Ivona so thanks for mentioning it. Their UK English
voice sounds very good. And with Cepstral's price hike with their
release of version 6 (and killing of 5) it's good to know there's an
alternative.

Apparently Ivona has an GPL licensed Asterisk plug-in
(http://www.ivona.com/en/telecom/asterisk/). Do you know where that
plug-in can be downloaded? I could not find it.

Regards,
Patrick