[asterisk-users] Less good call quality using Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 25 09:39:02 CDT 2012

On 07/25/2012 06:42 AM, Stefan at WPF wrote:
> Hmm is it possible, that the monitor command changes the quality? If not
> I guess I also once have to try compiling it from source, though I
> wanted to avoid that.

It certainly can, since recording the call causes disk I/O as the audio
is written out. In addition, Monitor is more prone to this problem than
MixMonitor is, because Monitor's call recording is done in the same
thread that handles the call's audio normally. If you switch to
MixMonitor, you'll probably have better results, unless your system just
can't handle recording the call without overloading its CPU.

--
Kevin P. Fleming