[asterisk-users] Remote party ID - sort of working...

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jul 18 11:24:01 CDT 2012

> I’m trying to set my system to set a caller id using the diaplan when
> calling an internal extension. In other words, when I dial Joe
> Smith’s extension I want my own phone to show “Joe Smith 555”. I
> have sort of managed that in the sense that my phone shows Joe
> Smith’s caller id based on his sip.conf callerid. But I need this to
> be done programmatically through the dial plan (Let’s say I want to
> show “Joe Smith” or just “Joe” based on some condition)
>

> I have this in the relevant dialplan snippet:
>

> exten => 123,1,Verbose(1,Test)
> exten => 123,n,Set(CONNECTEDLINE(number,i)="555-555-5555")
> exten => 123,n,Set(rclidname="TestingB <123-444-5555>")

This line is just setting an ordinary channel variable.
What do you think is supposed to use this value?

> exten => 123,n,Set(CONNECTEDLINE(pres)=allowed)
> exten => 123,n,Set(CONNECTEDLINE(name,i)="Testing")

Please read about usage of the ,i in [1].  If anything you should have
the ,i on *all* of the CONNECTEDLINE lines *except* the last one before
a Dial.

> exten => 123,n,Set(CONNECTEDLINE(pres)=allowed)
> exten => 123,n,Dial(SIP/joesmithpolycomphone,20)

Since you are not using the 'I' option on Dial here, your preset
CONNECTEDLINE information is being overwritten by what is sent by
SIP/joesmithpolycomphone when it answers.

> exten => 123,n,Hangup()
>

> I am always seeing remotepolycomphone’s callerid number and name as
> entered in sip.conf, not “Testing 555-555-5555”, neither am I seeing
> “TestingB <123-444-5555>”.
>

> What am I missing for it for accept my dialplan remote-id name and
> number?

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information

Richard