[asterisk-users] Call recording and transfer issue (asterisk 1.8)

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 09:58:47 CDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 12:20 +0100, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a problem with the entirety of a call being recorded in the
> following scenario
> I'm using asterisk 1.8.7.0
>
> Person A (asterisk peer) calls Person B (not on asterisk, real world
> number via a SIP trunk)
> Mixmonitor is invoked by Person A in the outbound context and
> AUDIOHOOK_INHERIT(MixMonitor)=yes is also set
> Person a transfers Person B to Person C (another asterisk peer)
> Person A is no longer involved in the call and the call is bridged
> between Person B and Person C
>
> The call recording stops as soon as Person A hangs up, even though
> AUDIOHOOK_INHERIT is set
>
> Is there any way we can get the entire call recorded in one file?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ish

Has anyone else encountered this as it's becoming a real problem. Does
anyone know a way of getting continuity of call recording in this
scenario?

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552