[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.8 on Solaris/sparc

Jeremy Kister asterisk-02 at jeremykister.com
Wed Jul 18 01:27:34 CDT 2012

I've got the latest asterisk 1.8 running on a Netra X1 with Solaris 10 u10.

The system itself is happy and phone calls (between two parties) seem fine.

Unfortunately, when a caller listens to a Playback recording, there
seems to be moments of stutter - perhaps 1 second of stutter for every
10 seconds of Playback.  The stutter is not consistent at the same point
of the playback file.

To eliminate encoding as an issue, I have only codec_ulaw/format_pcm
loaded and the recording is ulaw.  I've niced down the asterisk process
to -19 even though I don't see asterisk taking more than 3% cpu.

Is this behavior indicative of a timing problem?  loading
res_timing_pthread.so makes things horribly worse.  i don't believe any
other software timer is available for Solaris/sparc, right ?

other thoughts ?

Thanks,

--

Jeremy Kister