[asterisk-users] QoS : tos and cos settings

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Sun Jul 15 20:23:07 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I need some assistance with QoS.  We have multiple Asterisk servers on a MPLS network.  We have just moved over to Verizon and for us to get QoS Verizon are saying we need to use af41.

I need to check what exactly I need to do as this is a new area for me.

We only use IAX over our WAN links as SIP is on the local LAN.  In IAX I have set:
/etc/asterisk/iax.conf
tos=af41
cos=4

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/IP+Quality+of+Service this pages sais I need to use a vconfig command.  This is what is confusing me.

vconfig set_egress_map [vlan-device] [skb-priority] [vlan-qos]

is someone able to suggest what I should use here?  I'm guessing my iax.conf setting is correct.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Regards
David