[asterisk-users] Recommended VOIP Monitoring Tools

Mike ispbuilder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:37:17 CDT 2012

On 12-07-13 06:00 AM, Elliot Murdock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Which tools are recommendable for monitoring VOIP, bandwidth, server
> alarms, etc.?

Nagios (http://www.nagios.org/) can be configured to monitor pretty much
anything you want. The (much) harder part is deciding what's relevant to
monitor, and what your alarm thresholds should be set at.

At $PREVIOUSEMPLOYER, we used Nagios to monitor ~4,000 hosts and about
8,000 to 10,000 services before we started running into scaling problems
on a single box.

--
Looking for (employment|contract) work in the
Internet industry, preferrably working remotely.
the hot thing. Ask for a resume! ispbuilder at gmail.com