[asterisk-users] FreePBX: using context other than the default context and the generation for the configuration

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:56:22 CDT 2012

Fine, did you read the question well and understand about what I am asking?

I know well what Verbose do and what Goto do, and my question is not related to what they are doing because I used Goto 100 times or more. I have been working on Asterisk more than 5 years and installed alot of sites.

We were talking that if we are going to use the custom context, then we will not see a CDR for these calls that used the custom context. Then Warren suggested the below example.

My question was to know: if it going to use the from-internal context again, then why we used the Verbose (which will write to the CDR). Also, if I am going to use custom script, so why to come back to use the from-internal context (as the example mentioned in the goto). One more thing, I was not know that using Verbose will write in the CDR which will be enough to be able to display the calls in the freepbx CDR, because I was think that freepbx CDR reads from the database which means there is a specific format of the records that should be inserted. But if Verbose will resolve this, so it means that the logging is happening direct to the database (or maybe there is a process that migrate from the text logs to the database).

This is because I am new for freepbx (and I agree on this), but not new for Asterisk.

If Verbose is enough to be able to see the calls in the freepbx CDR, then I can use it and I can write my own scripts and do not use any thing in the from-internal conext (so no need to use the Goto command), this is what I was need to know.

Sorry for bothering but I am declaring what I was mean.

Also, until now I did not get to know how to get the custom context module that help in writing my own context without going through all of this troubles.

Freepbx scripts are not simply, it is complex. So do not blame me when I ask about it and its logic.

Thanks for your reply, but I was would to hear better than what you replied (although u did not really answer my questions), because I already got the same results you sent when I googled.

Regards
Bilal