[asterisk-users] click to call

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 09:50:23 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 11 July 2012, Mike wrote:
> On 12-07-11 10:46 AM, A J Stiles wrote:
> > Then a GET request to /cgi-bin/place_call?tel=018118055&ext=101 will
> > place a call from extension 101 to telephone number 018118055 in
> > context outgoing.
>
> Hopefully it doesn't need to be said, but if you are going to put this
> solution in place, please protect it with both strong authentication and
> authorization. Not to do so would inevitably lead to some sort of toll
> fraud.

Yes indeed.  Note the 192.168 address I used in my other example -- the
Asterisk server here is on the LAN side of the router, and there is no firewall
rule anywhere forwarding to its port 80.

If for some reason you have to run Asterisk on a box facing the Internet, then
make sure that any CGI script that can place outside calls is locked down in
the Apache configuration so as *only* to be reachable from LAN addresses.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.