[asterisk-users] FreePBX: using context other than the default context and the generation for the configuration

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 17:21:46 CDT 2012

Dears;

Thanks for all the replies and help.

First of all, I am not looking to have the custom context only for outbound, I need this also to separate the extensions into partitions, so I can have same extensions in different contexts, also extensions in context A can not call extensions in context B (as example).

Secondly, regarding to have the calls in the CDR (the outside and internal calls), really i did not understand in the below example what I have to do?

For example:

exten => _2XXX,1,Verbose(Internal extension-to-extension call)
same => n,Goto(${EXTEN},from-internal,1)

Why to use the Goto? How the call will be done using my manual configuration? As you are going to use from-internal then why you used the Verbose?

We need to know if we did a manual script, how the calls will be logged in the CDR without using the from-internal? In other words, we will write manually the Dial function and will not depend on the auto generated script.

Also why u used same? And u let it go for from-internal at sequence 1. Well, is it always to go for sequence 1? Or I have to check the right sequence? What if changed?

Regards
Bilal