[asterisk-users] Can I install Asterisk normally and then installing the GUI

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Fri Jul 6 16:44:26 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> OK, is there asterisk-gui that differs that freepbx? Or Freepbx is a
> GUI for asterisk?
>
> In other words, if I have asterisk and I need to add for it a GUI, is
> there asterisk-gui which is differs than freepbx or it is the same?

There have been a handful of other GUIs around, but none have the market share, support, or feature-set of FreePBX. It is pretty much the defacto standard.

If you're feeling adventurous, give asterisk-gui a try. Last I checked, the latest code was available from Digium SVN and 'worked better' than from the tar.gz on downloads.digium.com. But again, that was some time ago, YMMV...

--Tim