[asterisk-users] FreePBX: using context other than the default context and the generation for the configuration

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 23:47:03 CDT 2012

The module is custom contexts - its a third party option in the module admin

But you can write contexts in the extensions_custom.conf if you want to

I wouldn't use freepbx to generate your code - its quite complex code for a roll your own system, but very useful if you learn its gui and options

Also you can limit outbound routes to certain extension ranges which can avoid the need for contexts but its up to you

Cheers Duncan