[asterisk-users] sip and extensions

Thomas Perron thomas.perron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:44:42 CDT 2012

I am new.  Here is the code that I am playing with on CentOS 6.x

When I dial the number that corresponds w/ my SIP account I get a
recording:  "reached a non-working number........"

I built Asterisk a few times last year and am now back working on a similar
project.   In my view, there is something wrong in sip.conf
I don't remember using a file that long to get a basic call set up.  The
format was provided to me by voipvoip.com (the SIP provider).

Does anyone have any comments please?  I just want a very simple config to
get my machine to recognize a call to the SIP provider.

Here is results of sip show registry:

Host                                    dnsmgr Username       Refresh
State                Reg.Time
sip3.voipvoip.com:5060                  N      5552530146         285
Registered           Thu, 05 Jul 2012 21:39:56
1 SIP registrations.

Here is sip and extensions.conf

sip.conf

[general]
register => 5552530146:funnytiger123 at sip3.voipvoip.com
;

[sip3.voipvoip.com]

[outgoing]
username=5552530146
type=peer
qualify=yes
secret=funnytiger123
nat=auto
insecure=very
host=69.90.209.57
fromuser=5552530146
fromdomain=69.90.209.57
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=g729
allow=ilbc
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
disallow=all
srvlookup=no

[incoming]
username=5552530146
type=user
secret=funnytiger123
nat=auto
insecure=very
host=69.90.209.57
fromdomain=69.90.209.57
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=incoming
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=ilbc
disallow=all
srvlookup=no

extensions.conf

[general]

;
;
[incoming]
;first creating extensions for your local users
exten=> s,1,Dial(SIP/17037175555)
exten=> s,2,Hangup()