[asterisk-users] Outbound Asterisk calls default directmedia specifications

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 5 16:20:01 CDT 2012

On 07/04/2012 01:47 PM, sathiish kumar wrote:
> Thanks for the response.. I did change it in the [general] settings.My
> setup is something like I have a remote conference (not meetme) which
> will send reinvite to redirect the RTP flow to a different server to
> load balance.There are three clients who join in the conference and i
> can listen to two other clients speak from the third client but when i
> record the conversation my recording of one of the clients ends before
> the stipulated hangup time. I am guessing this is because one of the
> clients doesn't understand what to do with a reinvite.. Any
> suggestions.In the SIP.conf i have changed the directmedia option to no
> and also enabled the ignoresdpversion option.

The 'directmedia' option *only* controls whether Asterisk will attempt
to drop itself out of the media path between two SIP endpoints. It has
no effect on whether or not Asterisk will respond appropriately to a
re-INVITE received *from* a SIP endpoint (to which Asterisk should
always respond properly, unless the re-INVITE is malformed in some way
or is unacceptable).

--
Kevin P. Fleming