[asterisk-users] BT Fibre and 2701HGV

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 03:45:04 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 17:27 +0100, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> On 29/6/12 9:59 am, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience of connecting SIP phones to an asterisk
> > server through the 2701HGV router that BT supply with their Infinity
> > product?
>
> Good luck with that.
>
> The BT 'Home Hub' and 'Business Hub' routers they supply with retail
> ADSL and FTTC products seem to have a very poorly written SIP ALG in
> them that cannot be disabled [0] easily. This seems to play havoc with
> any attempt to hook up SIP devices - even just one handset.
>
> [0] I have read that it's possible to disable the ALG through a telnet
> session to the router, but it's somewhat fiddly and doesn't always
> 'stick' - so has to be repeated whenever the router is restarted. In my
> experience it's far easier just to replace the router with something
> competent.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris

That's pretty much what I suspected...
Mind you, we've had some success with the business hub recently, the
home hub is still impossible to use.

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552