[asterisk-users] T.30 Fax session error: Received bad response to DCS or training

Petros Moisiadis pmoisiadis at modulus.gr
Sun Jul 1 03:46:53 CDT 2012

Hello,

On http://pastebin.com/AP5GBWUR you may see an excerpt from asterisk
full log that includes a failing fax sending session. As you can see in
line 328, the transmission fails with error "Received bad response to
DCS or training". It seems that something goes wrong along the lines 315
to 320, but I can't figure it out. Perhaps somebody with enough
experience with the T.30 protocol can understand what is happening. What
does this DCN 'ff 13 fa' response mean? I would highly appreciate any
tip on how to get more info about this error or workaround it.

I' m using asterisk 1.8.11.1, as does the other end.