[asterisk-users] process_sdp: Unsupported SDP media type in offer: audio , Failing due to no acceptable offer found

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jan 30 06:31:27 CST 2012

On 01/28/2012 10:22 AM, Din Assegaf wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade asterisk server to 1.8.x from my asterisk 1.6,
>
> But when making A Call from SIP Client, I got cli Warning ... and no
> call has been made.
>
> My Sip Client is using lib java peers client http://peers.sourceforge.net/
> with standard codec PCMU/PCMA
>
> [Jan 28 23:03:32] WARNING[1654]: chan_sip.c:8942 process_sdp:
> Unsupported SDP media type in offer: audio 0 RTP/AVP 0 8 101
> [Jan 28 23:03:32] WARNING[1654]: chan_sip.c:9029 process_sdp: Failing
> due to no acceptable offer found
>
> the strange thing is when using asterisk 1.6, is normal,
> when using asterisk 1.8.x and using another client like Ekiga is normal too,

The error message is misleading; you are having this problem because the
'm' line in the SDP with the 'audio' offer has a port number of 0
(zero)., which means it is not an active media stream offer. It does not
make any sense for the SDP in an INVITE for a new call to have an m-line
with a port number of zero.

I'll improve the error message so that this sort of situation won't be
as confusing in the future.

--
Kevin P. Fleming