[asterisk-users] Weird IPs in Fail2ban list

Mikhail Lischuk mlischuk at itx.com.ua
Fri Jan 27 01:16:25 CST 2012

asterisk jobs писал 27.01.2012 06:49:

> Hello everyone, I
have noticed getting wired IPs blocked by Fail2ban. Has anyone else seen
this or can explain this?

> Chain fail2ban-ASTERISK (1 references)

> num target prot opt source destination
> 1 DROP all -- 0.23.20.189
0.0.0.0/0 [1]
> I also get things like, 0.0.5.2, etc....Fail2ban seems
to be working when I am testing. Are these numbers taken from the SIP
packet or the TCP/IP protocol source because they surely are not valid
addresses.
> Thanks

Did you find those IPs in Asterisk log?

If so -
it isn't Fail2Ban problem, for it just parses logs and extracts
substring

--
With Best Regards
Mikhail Lischuk